Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Neverland

I am lying in my bed, in the sanctuary I have created, looking up at the canopy netting above and beside me. This is where I go to center myself, count my blessings, and calm my broken heart. I think of how it feels like looking up into the clouds, and the white lights above me are like the stars of dusk. Maybe I can find my future somewhere, there in the twinkling glow. "Second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning...." These words I now associate with someone new, who has touched my soul and healed me in ways for which I am forever grateful. And I sigh, ah yes, Neverland. That is where I want to go. Not forever, but just for awhile, until I can find my way again. Maybe there I could love freely, without rules or restrictions. I could walk hand-in-hand with the lost boy who needs comfort as much as I do. My heart longs for this kind of freedom, but time has brought me here, to the world where I am all grown up. Where the only way I can get to Neverland is in my dreams. And so I close my eyes, and go there once again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

2nd Star to the right.....

Rishell Graves said...

Thanks for the correction Scott. Of course you would know.