Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Loving without ownership

"Just because you are not "mine" does not mean that I should not love you. Because really, we all belong to each other. It is our destiny to love one another. And so I will continue to pour love into you, whether you are beside me or apart- it makes no difference- and I hope you can receive it, this gift from God, and feel the great joy with which it is given."

I wrote these words recently to a friend of mine, to try to make him see what I meant about loving without ownership.

Once we let go of the ideas we have been trained to believe, that connection needs to lead to a "relationship" between two people, we can be truly free to love. It is EGO that feels the need to own someone, and if we can move beyond that, and love with our spirit, we can love without fear.

My heart knows this truth, and I share it with grace.

No comments: